5. DRUG ADDICTION
Over past few decades, consuming drugs among young adults are increasing throughout world. There are various toxic drugs going round like charas, hashish, morphia, LSD, heroin, cocaine, cannabis and marijuana etc. In the beginning one takes drugs out of curiosity, wrong notion of increasing concentration/ stimuli or as a part of modern day life. Once addicted it is very difficult to get rid of it. The biggest disadvantages of the drugs are their adverse side effects, like brain/ nervous disorders, chronic bronchitis or damage to liver, seclusion and poor health. Astrologically, Moon is significator of eating and 2nd house indicate food. If the lord 2nd lord, Moon and Venus together or separately are afflicted by Mars, Saturn and/ or Nodes in an evil house, it indicates a drug addict.
6. SKIN DISEASES
Human body is covered with an elastic membrane known as skin. Its main functions are (a) protection of the underlying structures, (b) Appreciation of tactile and thermal sensation, (C) Control of body temperature, (d) Secretion, (e) An immunological agent, (f) Excretion of waste through perspiration and (g) An agent of supply of Vitamin D through sunlight. The skin is generally of two types-dry and greasy. In many ways, a dry skin presents more problems to its than a greasy. In many way, a dry skin presents more problems to its owner than a greasy one, although a greasy skin is often associated with acne and dandruff in early adulthood days. Dry skin is also the result of excessive water loss. There are various disorders, which are characterized by extra dryness for various reasons. Nobody has been able to discover a drug or food stuff which can improve the state of skin. However, taking Vitamin A at times does wonders. Colour of the skin depends upon the amount of pigment melanin, it contains on the thickness of the epidermis and on the amount of oxygen content of blood flowing through the superficial vessels of the dermis.
The skin diseases include rashes, itches, acne, dandruff, eczema, chicken-pox, leucoderma and leprosy. The Mercury 6th house and Virgo are main Karaka for skin, Moon & Mars for blood, Venus for skin luster and Saturn & Rahu for diseases. The affliction of these and weak / afflicted lagna and Lagnesh cause various skin diseases. Some of the combinations for general skin diseases are:
- Sun, Moon and Mars in 6th house produce red spots on skin.
- Strong Saturn in lagna, 3rd or 6th house conjoined or aspected by Mars causes itches and skin diseases.
- Moon in Cancer, Virgo, Sagittarius or Pisces aspected by malefics.
- Mercury or Moon conjoined with Sun in 6th and aspected by 8th lord.
- Malefic and afflicted Mars in 6th.
- Mercury in lagna aspected by 6th/ 8th lord or Saturn.
- Mercury or Moon in 6th Virgo and hemmed between malefics.
- Mercury in 2nd aspected by Moon.
- Jupiter associated with Saturn and weak Moon afflicted by Mars.
- Saturn with sun in lagna/6th and in mutual aspect with Mars.
7. Blood Pressure (B.P.)/Hypertension : This is most common blood disease, which is a gift of modern day life of stress and strain. Today a large percentage of adult population suffers from it in various degrees. It is of two type-low and high B.P. By itself, it is not so serious, but it is mother of so many ailments, which may follow. It is also said to pass hereditary. Astrologically Mars and Moon are basic Karaka for blood. Mars indicates formation of blood and iron & hemoglobin, while Moon controls its viscosity and flow. Jupiter rules blood in arteries while Venus rules it in veins. Some of the astrological combinations are:
- The blood pressure is affected if Mars and Moon are lord of or posited in Trika houses.
- Mars and Moon debilitated, combust, weak, and afflicted by malefics by association/ aspect cause changes in blood pressure.
- Moon and Mars posited in different Trika houses, while Moon is weak and Mars is strong cause high blood pressure.
- Association of Jupiter with Sun/ Mars, if afflicted, show high blood pressure.
- If Mars & Moon both afflicted and weak are together indicate low blood pressure.
- Jupiter and Saturn together or in mutual aspect cause low blood pressure.
- Association or mutual aspect between Sun and Saturn cause low blood pressure.
- Mars in Nakshtra of Ketu indicates low blood pressure.
Paralysis is the complete loss of muscle function for one or more muscle groups. Paralysis can cause loss of feeling or loss of mobility in the affected area. It happens when something goes wrong with the way messages pass between your brain and muscles. Paralysis can be complete or partial, localized or general. It can occur on one or both sides of the body. Paralysis of the lower half of the body, including both legs, is called paraplegia. Paralysis of the arms and legs is quadriplegia. There are many medical causes for paralysis and perhaps more yet to be discovered. Most paralysis are caused by nervous system damage (i.e. spinal cord injuries) and are constant in nature. The affected limb is deprived of its movements and sensation. Recovery of paralyzed muscle is generally slow. Proper physiotherapy, massage, besides general nourishment and vitamins may help.
Astrologically paralysis is an acute airy (Vata) disorder and affliction of Sun, Moon, Mercury and lagna may cause paralysis. Mercury and Saturn are the prime Karaka for this disease. 9th house/ lord and Sagittarius sign along with Trika houses/lords rule this disease. The left side is ruled by the houses from 8th to 12th, while right side is ruled by 2nd to 6th houses. Right leg and right side of face & tongue are ruled by 2nd house and the left leg and left side of face by 12th house. Some of the combinations are:
- The Moon in lagna opposing both Saturn and Mercury.
- Moon and Mercury in Capricorn and Pisces or in different Trika houses and afflicted.
- Mars opposing Saturn in Kendras.
- Sun and Venus in lagna opposing Saturn.
- Earthy signs afflicted and Mercury afflicted by Saturn/ Rahu.
- Lagnesh in 8th house and Saturn in 6th house.
- 6th lord in debility with Saturn in lagna.
- Involvement of Mars, Ketu and 8th lord denote paralysis due to injury.
- Debilitated Mars in 10th in association with or aspected by Saturn.
- Saturn and Mars afflicting Moon and Mercury.
- Sun in lagna afflicted by Saturn or nodes.
- Lagnesh in a sign of Mars/ Mercury and aspected by Saturn/Rahu.
9. PILES/ HEMORRHOIDS
Piles are vascular structures in the anal canal, which help in stool control. They become piles when swollen or inflamed. In their physiological state, they act as a cushion composed of arteriovenous channel and connective tissues. The symptoms of pathological hemorrhoids depend on the type present. Internal hemorrhoids usually present with painless rectal bleeding during bowl movements, while external hemorrhoids may produce few symptoms or if thrombosed, significant pain and swelling in the area of the anus. Many people may have a combination of the two. People feel embarrassed when facing this problem and usually seek medical care when the case is advanced. While the exact cause of hemorrhoids remains unknown, a number of factors which increase intra-abdominal pressure, in particular constipation or pregnancy, are believed to play a role in their development. Uptake in fiber rich diet and consuming more fluids to maintain normal hydration helps in initial stages.
This disease is ruled by 7th & 8th houses and Libra & Scorpio signs. Mars is the significator of the disease. When these factors are afflicted and make relation with Lana, a Trika house/ lord, this disease is indicated. Some of the astrological combinations are:
- Saturn aspected by malefics.
- Saturn in lagna and Mars in 6th, 7th or 8th house.
- Sun in lagna, Saturn in 7th and Mars in Scorpio.
- Lagnesh & Mars in 7th and Saturn in 12th house,
- Saturn in 12th afflicted by Lagnesh and by Mars.
- 8th lord afflicted in 7th house with Mars.
- Mars and Moon in 8th house and afflicted.
- Weak Moon in 8th afflicted by Mars and by Saturn.
- Malefic Ketu in lagna.
- 7th and 8th houses afflicted by Mars, Saturn and Ketu.
10. ULCERS/ WOUNDS
An ulcer is a breach in the lining of the body either on skin or on an internal organ. Its severity is judged by the place and extent of infection/ damage. Normally they occur in the digestive system, but they can occur in any other part of the body as well. Increase in acidity inside digestive system normally causes peptic ulcer Excessive worries or continuous lack of sleep predispose to ulcers. Astrologically they are caused due to affliction of or by Mars, Mercury and 8th house. The place of wound/ ulcer is denoted by the house/ sign afflicted or by the afflicted planet. Mars rules over wounds & cuts, while Mercury rules over all types of ulcers. Some of the astrological combinations for ulcer are:
- 6th lord and Jupiter/ Saturn/ Mercury/ Nodes are afflicted in oth house or lagna.
- Saturn and Mars posited in 6th or 12th house and afflicted.
- Mars in the lagna and afflicted Jupiter/ Venus in 7th house.
- Lagnesh and Sun are afflicted in a Trika house.
- Jupiter in 12th, Moon in 11th and Mercury afflicted in 6th house.
- Mercury afflicted in a Trika house by malefics.
- Mars and a Node in 8th and afflicted.
- Conjunction of Mars, Saturn and a node cause ulcer.
- Saturn associated with weak Moon in 8th aspect Mars/ Node.
- If 6th lord with Moon is afflicted in 8th house.
- 6th lord with Mercury and a node is afflicted.
- 7th and 8th house and their lords are afflicted.
The appendicitis is the inflammation of the vermiform appendix located at the junction of small and large intestine. The exact role of this organ is not clearly known to even modern medicos. Sun being ruler of abdomen, rule over this also. Affliction of Sun & Moon and their relation with disease inflicting house/ sign/ lords cause appendicitis. Affliction by Rahu or Mars cause severe and sudden attack of appendicitis.
Some of the astrological combinations are:
- The 8th house afflicted by Rahu/ Mars with weak & afflicted Moon anywhere.
- 5th or 6th house being hemmed between two strong malefics.
- Afflicted Sun/Moon in Virgo/ Scorpio and 6th house also afflicted.
- Moon is weak in Virgo associated with a malefic with 6th house afflicted.
- Sun is afflicted in Leo by Rahu/ Mars, while Moon is afflicted in Virgo.
- Jupiter or Saturn in 6th in Virgo, Scorpio or Pisces, while Moon is also afflicted.
- Malefic Moon in Virgo conjoined with or aspected by Rahu/ Mars.
- Mars is in 6th in Gemini/ Virgo and Moon afflicted anywhere.
12. KIDNEY/ GALL BLADDER PROBLEMS
Kidney is an important agent of purifying blood and excretion of waste and urine. Although a person can comfortably live with one kidney only, but considering its importance god has given natives two kidneys on either side of back of lower abdomen. Each kidney weighs only a few grams, but they contain more than a million filter units called Nephrons. The main function of the kidneys is to filter the blood of extra water, minerals, nitrogenous waste and extra protein content of the food and to forward them to bladder as urine. The most common diseases of kidneys are inflammation, pain, stone formation inside them or their failure due to chronic diabetes or blood pressure over a long period of time. Stones are mainly formed of calcium & phosphoric salts & uric acid and can be successfully removed through an operation. Comparatively it is easier to remove stones from Kidney than from Gall bladder, which sometimes necessitate the removal of gall bladder itself. The Karaka of all type of stones is Saturn; while Mercury rules over Gall bladder and the Sun rules over all bowl diseases. The Saturn along with Mars and Rahu, should afflict 7th house, Libra, Venus and Moon.
But the problem of chronic failure is a complex ailment
requiring cleaning of blood by artificial means called dialysis or by transplanting someone else’s kidney. This treatment is costly but can prolong the life of the patient, if it succeeds up to 10 years with its entire trauma. All kidney donors have similar astrological symptoms as a kidney they also have to undergo a maj main karaka of Kidney with Mercury & MOOn and 6th & 7th house in support. Some of the main astrological combinations are:
- Mercury in a Jupiterian sign aspected by Sun.
- Moon/ Venus in a watery sign and its dispositor in 6th/7th and afflicted.
- Malefics occupy 6th 7th and 8th house.
- 7th house, 7th lord, Virgo, Libra, and Venus all afflicted by Mars, Saturn or Rahu.
- Venus, Moon, 7th lord and 8th house are afflicted malefics.
- Mars and Venus/ Mercury in 6th/ 7th and afflicted.
- Saturn in 7th aspected by Rahu.
- 7th lord a watery planet and a watery sign in 7th, both afflicted.
- Mercury in a watery sign in 6th or 8th and afflicted by malefics.
- Three or more malefics in 3rd, 6th, 7th or 8th house.
- Venus in Cancer/ Scorpio and afflicted by malefics.
- Sun and Mars are in 6th, 7th or 8th afflicted by Saturn/ Rahu.
- Lord of 6th or 7th associated with lord of 8th or 12th and afflicted.
- Malefics in 7th house and 7th lord is in 6th or 8th house.
- Lord of lagna conjoins lord of 8th in 8th with malefic aspect.
13. LEPROSY OR KUSHTA ROGA:
The human race is cursed with a
few ghastly diseases and leprosy is one of them. The medical science is yet to know why a certain person is susceptible to this disease. The leprosy is primarily of two types- anesthetic type and nodular type. The later type is more contagious and also difficult to cure. The anesthetic type is not that important and young natives may continue their normal
routines: but even then ‘contact’ is not desirable nor allowed. In this there could be pink or pale patches of skin, which are insensible to touch, prick and burn. In the nodular type, the skin becomes thickened at various places and raised in ridges and the sign is also discoloured or shining. Leprosy affects the skin and lymph nodes, the nasal mucus membrane, larynx and also the internal organs such as liver & lungs. The nerves swell and undergo degeneration. Saturn and Rahu are main Karaka of this disease. With Mars they affect blood and with Moon & Mercury they affect the skin. Some of the astrological combinations making a native susceptible to leprosy are:
- Lagnesh joins Mars and Mercury in 4th or 12th house.
- Weak Jupiter is in 6th with Moon and afflicted by Rahu/ Saturn.
- Lords of 6th, 8th and lagna are in 6th or Rahu & Moon are in 6th and afflicted.
- Mars or Mercury as Lagnesh is conjoined with Moon and Rahu/ Ketu.
- A malefic in lagna with or afflicted by Saturn and Rahu.
- Saturn, Mercury conjoined Lagnesh and Rahu and Sun/Moon are in 6th.
- Mars conjoin Sun/Saturn in lagna/ 6th house afflicted by 6th lord.
- Saturn and Mars in 9th afflicted by malefics.
- Lord of 12th is combined with lord of 6th in 6th band is afflicted by Rahul Saturn.
- Rahu in 3rd, 6th or 12th house associated with Moon/ Mercury and aspected by Mars/ Saturn. 11. Rahu and Mars in 6th in relation with Saturn and Moon.
- Lagnesh conjoins Rahu in a Trishadya house and afflicted.
- Moon occupies 5th Navamsha of Sagittarius, Pisces, Cancer
- Moon of Capricorn and is conjoined with Saturn, Rahu or Mars.
- Sun, Moon and lagna are afflicted by Mars and Saturn/ Rahu.
14. MISCARRIAGE/ ABORTION
The fifth house represents pregnancy/ conception and its successful delivery or untimely termination. Miscarriage/ abortions, whether spontaneous or medically terminated adversely affect (more for the lady) physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. Medicos do not know the exact causes but it is felt that weak uterus, general weakness, mismatching of blood group between the couple and first conception at the advanced age could be the reasons. Astrologically lagna, 5th house/ lord, Karaka Jupiter, and Moon afflicted by Mars, Ketu and Saturn could be the causes. From conception to delivery, the planets Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Sun, Moon, Saturn, Mercury, Lagnesh, Moon and Sun rules one month each in the order given. If a planet is weak or afflicted in the chart of the lady, the chances of abortion/ miscarriage during the month ruled by the planet increase. Some of the combinations are as under:
- Lagna, Moon, Jupiter are afflicted by malefic/ retrograde planets.
- There is exchange of 5th & 8th lord or 5th lord is afflicted in 8th house.
- 5th lord, Jupiter, Moon and Venus are influenced by separatist planets.
- Lagna or Moon in Paapkartari and aspected by Mars or ketu.
- Mars and Ketu aspecting 5th from lagna, Moon or Jupiter.
- Mars Ketu afflicts Jupiter, Moon and Venus.
- Mars with Jupiter/ Venus in 5th aspected or conjunct malefic.
- During pregnancy, dasha lords are afflicted by Mars, Ketu/ Saturn
- Mars and Saturn in lagna, Moon in sign of Mars/ Saturn and afflicted or Jupiter is afflicted by all three malefics, the child dies in womb itself.
- Lagna, Moon and Jupiter are weak & in movable signs and related with malefic house planets.