Compiled By Mr. Anil Kaushal.
Diverse applications of astrology include the aspect of timing of events. This is specially done for:
- Birth of a child
- Getting a job
- Recovery from illness
- Return of missing Person
- Venturing into business.
- Acquiring a house /Property.
- While the “Timing of Event” is done with the help of the sub-period and the triple transit triggering influence of planets in the natal chart. The natal promise is ascertained from the birth chart.The basic of the Vedic astrology is the karma theory based on the premises that the planetary influences in the natal chart are the results of one’s deeds of past lives. The ascendant establishes the functional nature of planets. The moon sets the clock in motion. The type of Karma, one is destined to is deciphered from the nature of influences on the tenth house, lord of the tenth house, the sun and Jupiter.Birth chart analysis, as per systems approach, depends upon the following factors.
- Functional Nature of planets : The functional nature of planets is the key analytical factor in the horoscope analysis .Besides Rahu and Ketu , the Planets , whose mooltrikona sign are in malefic houses( sixth , eighth and twelfth) with reference to the ascendant act as functional malefic planets in a nativity , for the purpose, under the systems, Approach the sign Cancer is considered as the mooltrikona sign of the Moon. For various ascendant signs, the functional malefic planets are mentioned here under Ascendant Functional malefic planets.
The functional nature of any Planet depends on the nature of the Mool trikona house of that planet it is not related to the strength of the planet. A planet may be weak or strong but the functional nature will remain same as per the defined principle for identifying the functional nature of planets.
SPECIAL IMPACT OF RAHU AND KETU: In the exceptional cases when the Rahu is well placed in a Mooltrikona sign of a planet, with or causing any conjunction or close aspect with other houses and Planets and its Dispositor is strong Rahu gives good results during its sub –periods for materialistic prosperity. Rahu- Ketu, when exalted give materialistic benefits while debilitated Rahu involves the native in exposed scandals and acute physical sufferings.
The functional malefic planets for various ascendants, mentioned above, may appear to be at variance when seen in the context of the available classical texts. But when you analyzes the charts based on the functional malefic planets brought out herein above, you would find that all of your confusion disappear at one stroke. The classical principals were laid down by Maharishi Prashara in Dwapar yuga and changes, mutatis mutandis (wherever necessary) have been suggested for the nativities in the Kalyuga.
IDENTIFYING AFFLICTING PLANETS: It is very necessary to understand the difference between afflicting planets and afflicted planets.
All planets can become afflicted, but only the functional malefic planet can be afflicting planets.
A transit functional malefic planet will afflict always its natal position by conjunctions or aspect , except when placed in its own mooltrikona house in rashi/birth chart. A natal / transit functional malefic planet never afflicts its own mooltrikona house, except when the functional malefic planet is already afflicted and / or afflicts from a dusthana/malefic house.
UNDERSTANDING THE IMPACT OF PLANETARY CONJUNCTIONS AND ASPECTS: In the case of influence of functional malefic planets over MEP/ planets simultaneously strong in rashi and transit, the orb is one degree on either side for normal afflictions and two degrees on either side for special/multiple afflictions, while in the case of MEPs/planets either weak in rashi or in transit the orb is five degrees on either side.
In the case of influence of strong functional benefic planets over MEPs planets simultaneously strong in rashi and transit. The orb is five degrees on either side, while in the case of MEPs/planets either weak in rashi or in transit, the orb is one degree on either side. Under the influence of natal/transit functional malefic planets get malefically influenced. The maximum influence of the transit functional malefic planets, all planets get malefics influenced. The maximum influenced of the transit or natal conjunction/aspect is when it is within one degree on either side. As soon as the transit influence starts separating, the influence starts tapering down. It is very important to see the strength of the planet on which the transit influence is being studied. For example, if the sun , being the lord of the fourth house and being a function benefic planet, is placed in the fourth house and its longitude is eleven degrees and is strong the function malefic. Influence of Jupiter, most malefic planet for the Taurus ascendant will be effective when Jupiter is between 9 degrees and 13 degrees in the sign leo, Sagittarius, Aquarius or Aries, while the single function malefic influence of mars will be effective when mars is between 10 degrees and 12 degrees in the sign Leo, Capricorn, Aquarius or Taurus because the sun is the strong in the natal chart. Please do not for get to consider the transit strength of this sun. If the sun in a Taurus nativity is placed in the sign of Libra at a longitude of the 5 degrees then the transit influence of the Jupiter over it would be effective whenever Jupiter transit from 0 Degree to 10 degrees in Libra. Aquarius, Aries, Gemini and the transit influence of the Mars over it would be effective whenever mars transit from 0 degree to 10 degrees in Lib4ra, Pisces, Aries or Cancer. However, once the longitude of the transit Jupiter or transit mars of the 5 degree, the transit influence would start separating and tapering down but it will clear the affliction only when their longitude is over 10 degrees, assuming they are in direct movement. The orb of affliction for a non-mooltrikona house is five degrees on either side of the most effective point. We hope the readers are able to understand this dimension for better analysis.
IDENTIFYING THE STRENGTH OF PLANETS: A weak natal planet is not capable of fully protecting/ promoting its general significations and the significations of its mooltrikona house during the course of its sub-periods and during the triple transit functional malefic influences. By descending order of weakness any planet becomes weak when.
1) The most effective point Is its mooltrikona sign is afflicted by a functional malefic planet with in an orb of 1 degree
2) The most effective point of its house of placement is afflicted by a functional malefic planet within an orb of one degree.
3) It is conjunct or aspected by any function malefic planet within n orb of 1 degree.
4) It is combust due to it’s nearest to the sun.
5) It occupies malefic house from the ascendant, except if in its own mooltrikona sign.
6) It occupies its sign of debilitation.
7) It is in the state of infancy or old-age.
8) It occupies the debilitated sign in navamsa.
9) It occupies the mooltrikona sign of a weak planet.
10) it is the Moon within 72 degrees either sides of the sun. However, this is a minor weakness.
NOTE: In serial Nos. (1) to (3) above, when the affliction is special or multiple i.e. when it comes from.
1) A conjunction with/ aspect from the most malefic planet.
2) An aspect from a functional malefic planet is placed in a dusthana.
3) A conjunction with Rahu or Ketu (Rahu-Ketu axis).
4) An aspect of functional malefic Planet afflicted by other(s) functional malefic planet.
5) More than one functional malefic planet as the same time.
Then the otherwise “strong” planet should be considered afflicted (and weak) even when the orb of affliction is of two degrees.
IDENTIFYING THE RESULTS OF VIMSHOTRI DASHA: An Event fructify in the Sub-periods of planets. Therefore, it is very important that we understand method of analyzing the Dasa (Main period) and Bhukti (Sub-period) results. The results of the general significations of the sub- periods lord depends upon its strength, placement, conjunction and aspect to the same. The significations of the house of placement are touched when transit planets create benefic or malefic influences on the sub- period lord, depending upon their Functional nature benefic or malefic. In the sub- period of a planet, the following significations are touched.
1) The general significations of the planet. For example the sun rules father, social status position with the government, male child, digestive system, heart, blood pressure etc.
2) The significations of the house where the mooltrikons sign of the said planet is placed. in case in the mooltrikona house some function malefic planet is placed closed to the most effective point, or some functional malefic planet is closely aspecting the most effective point of the said house, or some planet is closely afflicted then during the sub- periods of the afflicting and afflicted planets the significations of the mooltrikona house shall not prosper and shall face problems indicate by the afflicting planet depending upon its lordship. A natal/transit functional malefic planet never afflicts its own mooltrikona house, except when the functional malefic planet is already afflicted and/or afflicts from a dusthana/ malefic house.
3) The significations of the house where the planet is placed.
4) During the sub- period of a planet all the impacts on the house, which contains the mooltrikona sign of the said planet, also come into force. Due to such influence on the most effective point by a strong functional benefic planet even the sub-period of a weak planet would be blessing the native with good or very good results. Similarly, a close impact of a functional malefic planet on the most effective point of a mooltrikona house may not allow the planet ruling that mooltrikon house to show good results in its sub- periods even if the said planet is strong in the natal chart.